We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join us in developing and supplying bespoke engineering solutions for industrial environments such as tooling, jigs, assembly fixtures and lifting gear.
The main purpose of the role is to design moving and lifting equipment, fixtures and tooling for our customers, a large proportion of which are within the manufacturing industries
The work is predominantly mechanical design using Solidworks and includes the management of projects from concept and initiation to procurement and installation and can include practical site work and prototype trials.
As part of a small team you will have regular communications with customers and suppliers. The role requires close cooperation with engineers and technicians from other organisations to ensure objectives and timescales are met. You will be responsible for projects from customer initiation to completion and installation.
This means that occasional travel may be required.
The role is currently based in Groby with a relocation to Ellistown planned to take place in Spring 2020.
Although the role is carried out during ‘office’ working hours there may on occasions be a requirement to work additional hours or weekends to facilitate key projects or urgent work for our customers.
- -Design parts and assemblies for lifting, moving, fixtures and tooling projects using Solidworks
- -Design associated components for manufacture on Solidworks
- -Complete detailed drawings that have all the required data for manufacture
- -Quoting for the design and manufacture of solutions
- -Delivery of completed projects that are fit for purpose and to the satisfaction and timescales of the customer
- -Management of project related risks
- -Working well with contributors to the process, customers and suppliers; manufacturing, purchasing, engineers, technicians and end users.
- -Clearly understand and adhere to our safety and quality management processes and procedures and those of our customers and suppliers
- -Maintain a good working knowledge of and competency in lifting associated mechanics and equipment
Knowledge skills and experience
You will have:
- -Relevant engineering design experience
- -A sound knowledge and understanding of CAD, ideally Solidworks
- -Knowledge and understanding of engineering principles including design for manufacture, design for assembly and maintenance, health and safety and project integration.
- -Knowledge of manufacturing techniques such as turning, milling and fabrication
- -Experience of design for manufacturing
- -Knowledge and competency in lifting equipment and associated legislation
- -A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- -Understanding of database and general IT for communication
- -‘A’ level maths or be able to demonstrate competency in structural calculations
- -A full driving licence that permits you to drive in the UK
- -Any knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic or electrical systems is beneficial
- -Creative and thoughtful approach to problem solving engineering challenges
- -Well organised
- -Good planning and time management skills
- -Attention to detail
- -Resourceful and self-motivated
- -Team player with excellent communication skills at all levels
This is an excellent opportunity to expand and grow your skills as part of a small business and make an impact in an interesting and exciting manufacturing area.